Hello #dosomething person,
This year is truly my year of doing more.
I promised to tell you what mind mapping is about.
Mind mapping is a tool used for organizing information.
It means putting down all you plan to do on paper, showing how they connect, one with another.
Its effective because its non-linear. It grows according to the user and that’s why it’s often recommended
1. Simply an accessible way of organizing your thoughts into an effective plan
2. Mind mapping is visual. When we see it our brain is able to make connections and organize our thoughts into active points.
3. Sometimes when you write lists you can limit your scope. With mind mapping, you can expand your horizon to capacity.
4. Mind mapping helps you see the similarities in tasks, thus helping you save time and energy.
For example, if you look at my mini mind map, you’ll see that there might be some similarities in my role as pastor and LA family leader, or writing for my blog, and other blogs, thus rather than develop multiple programs, I can streamline them.
5. It enables you know how to properly apportion time and resources, for you won’t know how much is involved in each area of your plan, until you offload all your ideas onto a map.
So get busy and start drawing your mind map.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at how mind mapping influences your vision, and how to maximize the mind map you have drawn.
Do Something Team!
P.s. To write this very piece I had to consult with Orode (@0rode). Thank you!