Ah! Mr. Do Something!
Howbeit that you speak of love today? Oh! Certainly, my friend. To be able to do something well, you need to have love in you. Love fuels your passion for life. Okay, I’ll slow down for some think I’m in love.
According to Gray Chapman, there are 5 major love languages through which people can understand that people love them. It is their ’emotional communication preference.’
A love language is the way you prefer to be shown love. People might do or say things to show they love you. The one you love better is your love language. And if your partner is able to discover that, keeping you happy and feeling loved will no longer be a struggle.
The 5 love languages are:
1. Quality time – when people spend quality time with you, you feel loved.
2. Acts of service – you love people doing one thing or the other for you as the expression of their love.
3. Words of affirmation – ‘Ah! You look beautiful today.’ ‘Your hairdo is amazingly fresh.’ When you love people saying nice things to you as the expression of their love, then this is probably your dominant love language.
4. Receiving gifts – Gifts always spark excitement. Who doesn’t love receiving gifts? If not receiving gifts from your friends or partners show they don’t love you enough, then receiving gifts is probably your love language.
5. Physical touch – Touch. That tendency to put your arms over your spouse’s shoulders, or to hold hands, or to always have them sit next to you. If that is the way you prefer being shown love, then, friend, that is your dominant love language.
So yay! Discover that very thing that makes those around you feel loved, and let the love keep going round.