In Revelation Faith, the word holds the first place, it is not dependent upon physical evidence. Revelation faith believes that no word of God is void of power, and it rests in quiet confidence in what God has stated. It accepts the word as final without any other evidence. If the word declares it, that is enough. The sick one reads, surely he has borne my iniquities and carried my sicknesses, and he cries, Thank you father that I am healed. This is new covenant or revelation faith.
The Active Wisdom and Fruitful Sacrifice of a Soul Winner
By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi
Proverbs 11: 30 – He that winneth souls is wise.
Matthew 10:36 – Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.
Luke 21:15 –; 1 Cor 1:21, 30
God will give us the wisdom to draw sinners from the sea of humanity.
Wisdom from God is what we need.
The way we receive salvation, redemption,, is the same way we receive wisdom.
1. To have wisdom ask God.
2. 2 TIm 3:15 – The Scriptures are able to make us wise unto salvation, wise unto service, wise unto soul winning.
We need the wisdom of:
1. A fisher of men
2. The sower – a farmer
3. An ambassador of Christ
4. An advocate with men
5. A peacemaker
6. An herald of the king
7. A preacher preaching the saving gospel
We need the wisdom of the fisherman, to know when to fish for the souls of men; of the farmer to know when to sow, of the reaper, to harvest; an advocate (a lawyer).
The wisdom we need is not:
Inactive wisdom leads to poverty.
1. The Winsome Servanthood of a Progressing Soul Winner
1 Corinthians 9:16, 19
You pass through this life once, they must know your name, you must leave a legacy before you leave this world.
It is servanthood that makes us know we are following the Lord.
Luke 22:2; Romans 1:14 – We are debtors because the Lord died for them and has given me a message to them. Anyone who has experienced salvation and new birth has become the servant of God.
Romans 6:20; 2 Cor. 4:5
Preaching salvation is very important. To save a soul is to rescue the soul from eternal suffering. It is to lead the soul to eternal rest. There is nothing anyone does in this life that can lead anyone to eternal rest. It is to deliver sinners from the hand of satan. It is to separate he soul from sweet poison. To withdraw the soul from intimate destructive associates. It is to win the soul to the unknown lover of his soul.
If you are going to gain anything tangible, you need:
1. A definite purpose
2. You must invest time and resources, your energy, talent.
3. Active faith
4. Self denial
5. Love, affection and friendliness. You are selling yourself like a salesman, you must be friendly.
The soul of man is greater than anything in the world. Therefore, we must do more to get the soul that is greater than the whole world.
1. Declare: I am a soul winner; I will win souls for God.
2. I Invest my time and resources – put a specific time of the day/ day of the week, dedicate some time for it.
3. Active faith – There is somebody there that is supposed to be my convert.
4. Continuous practice and performance. In spite of the fear, move on and do it.
5. Self denial.
6. Love, affection , friendliness and friendly disposition – don’t carry anger, tiredness, or depression on your face.
2. The Willing Suffering of a Passionate Servant
1 Cor 9:20
Romans 9:1 – We have to identify with the people we are talking to, without compromising our stand with God.
Consider Paul’s example:
1. He had a baptism of fervent love.
2. He had a supply of inner strength – he went from synagogue to synagogue, city to city.j
3. He had an unbreakable will.
4. He had a consuming passion for the salvation of the Jews,.
If we have such burning desire for our fellow men, our country will grow.
What is the reigning desire and drive in your life? What are you willing to suffer for?
2 Timothy 3:12
2 Timothy 4:16 – Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me and strengthened me.
You are not an accident in Christianity. There is something that you can do, and that you alone can do. Therefore, God will preserve you until you fulfill your purpose..
No one will take your place in Jesus name.
3. The Worthy Sacrifice of a Persevering Saint.
1 Cor. 9:21
All Paul’s life was for Christ, for the salvation of the Gentiles. Paul sacrificed everything. He sacrificed past reputation, present recognition, and gave up future reserve.
Only people like that will succeed in the gospel. Paul gave up his greatest pride, his highest privileges; He gave up his profit in the Jewish religion. He endured the fiercest persecution like no other man. He demonstrated the loftiest perseverance. it was as though he came from another world. He had the steadiest persistence.
These are the most important years of your life. Make use of the energy and the power and the strength you have now. This day will not go unrecognized . He left all for us as the purest pattern of service. A pattern in steadfastness, selflessness, sacrifice.You will not be up and down – strong today, tired tomorrow. You are going to be steady. Paul was a patter in single-mindedness – holiness, servanthood, sanctification.
1 Cor 11:1; 4:16; Phil 3:17
He was sure he was going to heaven, and so wanted others to accompany him.
Hebrews 13:5 – The God of peace will be with you.
Romans 16:20 – Satan will be under your feet in Jesus name.
Stand up and march the enemy.
Tell the Lord you are ready now for service and God will bruise satan under your feet shortly.
Culled from message by Pastor Kumuyi during workers training.