If you listen to Bishop Oyedepo as much as I do, you will have heard him speak on how he had always wanted a hitch-free marriage and proceeded to search the Scriptures in order to find out God’s mind for marriage. In doing so, light dawned on him and he found seven concepts of the Christian marriage. I wanted to see what they were, searched google and found something thanks to an abstract by Joshua Nartey, Gender Roles And Responsible Sex In Christian Marriage.
Behold the seven concepts:
1. Marriage is good.
2. Marriage is for better living.
3. Marriage is designed for fruitfulness.
4. “The Law of Departure”. It states that married couples must leave the interferences from parents and all others, and until couples depart, they cannot cleave; and until they cleave, they cannot know peace.
5. The covenant obligation of the husband to love his wife, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it.
6. The covenant obligation of the wife to submit herself unto her own husband.
7. The concept of mutual obligations which involves romance. The moment a home becomes deficient in marital affairs or romance, it is beginning to break.
God bless the good Bishop.
Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/ikeamadi/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707